Chopin's DaVinci Code or The Secret of Phi

It appears that my mentor, Terry Mohn, has finally come up with some applications of the Golden Ratio that I think we can all support. The theory's application to the arts is something that has been discussed since the Renaissance.

It seems like there is something going on with it, and then Mario Livio writes a book that makes us all think it was just a Tootsie Roll commercial. "Whatever it is I think I see becomes a Golden Ratio to me."

Terry has finally put the controversy to rest by proving the Golden Ratio really is in everything. Here is his original chart from the Chopin Prelude op. 28 no. 1.




That's pretty precise to be a coincidence! Of course if the pianist takes a retard in the 4th bar, it's going to throw our whole theory off. So, you might not think it's real. Terry managed to apply the theory to everything though, and so you can rest at ease that the controversy is over. It's in seashells, rosebushes, and also the very fabric of your life.  Consider the same chart applied to your life.


The Chopin Op. 28 No. 1 Prelude is clearly a secret code describing Terry's life. We will all keep him in mind as he faces some upcoming dips. Again, if it just happened one time, you might think it was a coincidence, but Terry has shown the pattern yet again in the following graph.


When the exact same graph can be used to clearly explain such disparate things, and Ockhams razor, etc., I can only come to one conclusion. Chopin's first prelude is the key to explaining the universe. 

It's a good thing I got this in time. The next time my wife asks me if I've washed the dishes yet, I'm simply going to point to the chart and say, I'm only on measure 5 of the dishwashing. You can expect a dip in my productivity and then a gradual increase in cleaning followed by a tapering off.

That will be cool because I'll be able to make a very similar chart that will describe the course of her anger at my response over time. Of course, the graph for the dish washing will be on a much larger time scale than the anger graph.