ESPN post concert interview

I have been imagining what it might be like if classical musicians got a post game concert interview and could respond like athletes. Here is how I imagine it would go.




Erin Andrews: That was quite a performance!

Arthur Rubenstein: I just want to give all the glory to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

EA: In Chopin's Op. 10 No. 4, you accelerated out of the cadence into the coda and still managed to catch all those low C# octaves! What was going through your mind when you did that?

AR: Well, this is what we practice everyday. I thought I should just go for it, and I did. I managed to catch all of them, but I couldn't do it without a great team like my piano tuner and my yoga instructor.

EA: I understand you've had some nagging injury problems with your 4th finger on your left hand. Are you substituting other fingers for that one?

AR: Injuries are part of the reality of being a professional musician. If a finger gets injured, the expectation is that the other ones will step up and execute. We don't use injury as an excuse.

EA: You have an upcoming concert with the Atlanta Symphony. They've been plagued with management problems and lately have been assaulted by naked nymphs in their concert hall. How do you approach a concert like that?

AR: I can only worry about myself and what I can control. As long as I'm playing good piano, that's all I can do. There is no doubt that they are a good band, and they've had some struggles lately; but you shouldn't underestimate them. They will come ready to play, and hopefully so will I.